The skin of men is a little harder than that of women. It is thicker than women, produces more collagen and contains more oil glands to keep it soft and lubricated. However, you should still be careful to keep it in perfect condition. These are the basics for excellent natural grooming for men, so you can keep looking for the best.
Here are some reasons to take care of your skin:
- Your skin is your largest organ (body organs are important elements: heart, lungs, liver ...)
- Your skin produces vitamin D that is essential for bone growth and prevents you from looking like a crooked man.
- Well-groomed skin is much more attractive.
Shower power tips
Keep it short: This saves pleasant and environmentally friendly water and prevents dehydration of your skin (remember dehydration = pruning and skin wrinkles).
Keep the temperature lower: Hot water can cause broken red veins in the skin (as in alcohol), which is not very attractive. The best shower to wake up your circulation and your mind is to alternate hot or cold water, or at least finish with a cold rinse.
Use a shower without sodium lauryl sulfate without soap: The soap can dry out the skin a lot (also, it leaves a film that makes cleaning the shower difficult). Sodium lauryl sulfate / Laureth sulfate dissolves natural protective oils in the skin and has been associated with dry skin, skin irritation, eye irritation, hair damage, and liver toxicity. Keep in mind that a product does not need foam to clean. Go for products that contain gels and natural oils and surfactants of natural origin.
Keep Your Face Clean
This is a bit of obvious advice for skincare, but many men forget it. Clean skin has a healthy appearance and is a good basis for skincare. Small things, such as washing the morning and afternoon with a good product designed specifically for your skin, should help clarify things. Keeping the skin clean at all times will prevent imperfections.
Know Your Skin Type
To take care of your skin, you first need to know what type of skin it is. There are usually four main types of skin. There is dry skin, oily skin, normal skin, and mixed skin. As a general rule, combination skins are the most difficult to treat because the other three types have many products designed specifically for them. It is much harder to find products for mixed skin. You may need to do some research if you have this type of skin. The use of bad products can make your skin condition worse. Therefore, it is essential to know what type of skin you are.
Be Careful When You Shave
It is often easy to slip while shaving, especially if you are in a hurry. However, cuts and rashes are not aesthetic. Therefore, always use the right products to help you shave smoothly and without problems. The use of a decent shaving foam designed for a gentle shave and the subsequent use of an aftershave balm should help keep your skin smooth and free of rashes.
Tone Your Skin
In addition to cleaning your face and keeping it clean, a good tonic will help keep your skin firm and healthy. Another advantage of using a toner is that it can help reduce pore size and can also help ingrown hairs. Therefore, toning should be part of every man`s skincare routine.
Hydrate Your Skin
If you have had a wet shave, apply a soothing and healing after-shave gel. This will relieve any shave irritation and help trap moisture. Moisturized skin that contains moisture is smoother and has fewer wrinkles and softer.
At night, after cleaning, apply a light moisturizer on the neck, cheeks and around the eyes. Treat the neck in the same way as the face. This is the presentation base on which your face rests, so you also want it to be beautiful. Avoid putting moisturizer on the forehead, nose, and chin, as these areas usually contain enough natural oil to keep them hydrated.
Protect Your Skin To Look More Beautiful
After washing/shaving in the morning, apply a moisturizer with sunscreen. Protect your skin from the sun because it accelerates skin aging. Remember also your lips, especially if you are often outside. The skin of your lips is very thin and easily damaged by the sun. It is extremely important to use a natural and safe sunscreen on the lips since it probably digested most.
Growing Great Skin
The superficial layer of your skin is mainly composed of dead cells. New cells are produced more deeply. To change the appearance of your skin, you must nourish your skin cells forming them from the inside.
You don`t have to become a health freak. Again, just follow a few basic steps to make sure your skin cells get the nutrients they need.
- Drink at least 9 to 12 glasses of water a day: When the skin is well hydrated, wrinkles soften and are less likely to form. If your body is dehydrated first, it removes moisture from your skin. Remember that coffee, soda and alcohol are very desiccant. If you drink a lot, you need to drink more water. Bring a water bottle so you always have a glass of water on hand. This will also avoid the need for another type of drink in a store.
- Quick test: pinches the skin on the back of the hand. If it takes more than a second to return to its normal place and color, you are probably dehydrated and need a glass of water.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables a day: Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent oxidative damage to the skin and keep it firmer, smoother and younger. If you have trouble eating enough fresh fruits and vegetables, then take a super-green, high-quality antioxidant supplement for whole foods.
- Go gently over sugar: Sugar reduces the production of collagen, which causes sagging and wrinkles on the skin. Of course, this can also increase your waist size. Then, the next time you feel tempted to take a chocolate bar in a store`s box, imagine yourself as an elephant and instead take a car magazine.
- Going to eat grains, eat whole grains: These are things like whole wheat brown rice, bread, rolled whole oatmeal, noodles and basmati rice. Refined grains are little more than glucose (sugar) and empty calories. Not only do they not provide nutrients, but they also deprive your body of the nutrients necessary for its treatment. Whole grains, on the other hand, provide nutritious nutrients for the skin, such as vitamins B and zinc, and provide slow-release glucose for sustained energy. It is better to soak the beans in slightly acidic water before cooking. Eliminate anti-nutrients that block our mineral absorption. If you don`t mind, avoid eating cereals and use vegetables, quality proteins and natural fats.